Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Self-Made Man

Here's a review of the new book Self-Made Man by Norah Vincent. The author is a woman (albeit a lesbian one) who dressed up as man to see what it's like to be a man.

This is what she has to say about dating:
Dating women as a man was a lesson in female power, and it made me, of all things, into a momentary misogynist, which, I suppose was the best indicator that my experiment had worked. I saw my own sex from the other side, and I disliked women irrationally for a while because of it. I disliked their superiority, their accusatory smiles, their entitlement to choose or dash me with a fingertip, an execution so lay, so effortless, it made the defeats and even the successes unbearably humiliating.
This sounds like a book that all women need to read for the dating chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment