Monday, December 5, 2005

Charity

I was at this stupid charity event tonite (there goes another $50), but none of the people were really there for the charity, it was more of a "meet market," I think, not that I ever meet anyone at these things. (I also wonder how poor people ever manage to meet anybody?)

Despite what some of the commenters on my blog say to the contary, everything about the meet market is geared towards superficial evaluations of how people look. The women talk to each other about what losers and how ugly the men are. It's far worse than any of the stuff I wrote on my blog that I get flak for. I started feeling sorry for the men who were so reviled by the women, but then I came to my senses and realized that I need to feel more sorry for myself. Even the loser men are probably not virgins. If they aren't shy, then persistence will eventually pay off for them. But for men who are shy, the world really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment