Wednesday, March 22, 2006

All the news that's fit to print

Continuing on the theme of criminals who get laid a lot, the New York Times profiles a Mr. Brannon:
Curtis E. Brannon, told a story so commonplace it hardly bears notice here. He quit school in 10th grade to sell drugs, fathered four children with three mothers, and spent several stretches in jail for drug possession, parole violations and other crimes.
We can only imagine how many women he had sex with who didn't get pregnant.

WOMEN JUST NEED SPERM

Continuing with important articles from the paper that has all the news that's fit to print, we have a piece on single mothers who get pregnant via artificial insemination.
People in New York change sex partners quicker than the crosstown bus," Karyn said.
I'm sure not enjoying any of that. Karyn meant that good looking people in New York change sex partners a lot.

Artificial insemination apparently makes women more interested in casual sex:
One woman, a 40-year-old graduate student in biology in the Midwest, told me shortly after her first insemination: "One of the things that was so powerful about deciding to have a baby on my own was saying, I'm taking charge of this piece of it; I'm not going to wait around for a guy to give it to me. And my feelings about what I want from men right now are really changed. I don't actually want a big relationship. Now I want occasional companionship and sex."

On a recent date, between inseminations, this woman noticed the difference. "It was one of these dates where the guy's just telling you his sad story and his complicated relationship with his mother. In my previous dating life, I would have been, like, I'm not going to get seriously involved with a man like this. I'm going to get rid of him. This time I was, like, I think he's hot, so if I just keep listening, maybe eventually we'll have sex. And we had great sex. It was really hot." At one point, she had sex with two different men in the same weekend (both times using condoms) not long after an insemination.
And for the freakiest part of the whole article:
Q., the former yeshiva student who ended up choosing the 6-foot-2 German rugby player as her donor, developed severe hypertension during her pregnancy and had to be hospitalized several times. Her symptoms lingered even after her daughter was born, and she became preoccupied with what would happen to the baby girl if she were to die. Her brother and a sister are selfish, she says, and her mother is elderly. Last fall, she went to the Donor Sibling Registry and got a shock: the Aryan bodybuilder with the leaping sperm has fathered 21 children (and counting — he is still an active donor), including four sets of twins. These children are all 3 and under, and their families — four lesbian couples, three heterosexual couples and six single mothers — have formed their own Listserv, where photographs of the children (all blond, with a strong familial resemblance) are posted, and daily e-mail messages are exchanged about birthdays, toilet training and the like. They are planning a group vacation in 2007.
21 children all sired by a 6'2" bodybuilder from Germany? Jesus. That's more then five times as many kids as the 10th grade dropout drug dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment