Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hello blogosphere

I took a sabbatical from blogging. I can't say for sure whether this post means I'm coming back, or if it's just a temporary reappearance.

While I was away, someone left a link to an article about asexuals. I was not an asexual because when I was in high school I got hard ons from looking at girls just like everyone else, I was just too shy and scared to act on them. And of course it didn't help that I was unathletic skinny and not so great looking. I didn't notice my sex drive declining until after the age of thirty.

I feel sympathy for the people in the article who are stigmatized because society tells them that it's not normal to be asexual. Being homosexual is considered more normal than not being interested in sex at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment